You FILM Here.
We continue our series of blog posts about each of the arts disciplines that will be featured at the Des Moines Social Club today with… film. Remember to look for these posts every week until the Grand Opening on May 10th!
We believe that film is an important creative outlet that inspires artists to create a unique experience for viewers to partake in. Here at DMSC we offer a lively mix to help add that dosage of film into your life.
Come and enjoy Soundtrack! This experience will blow your mind as you watch a local band perform over the screening of a classical movie. By recreating the way silent movies were originally seen, we offer everyone the chance to travel back in time with a modern twist.
Be a part of the experience where film and 3D art intersect! This summer we will start a program called Projection Mapping, in which video projections and 3D art interact to create a new way of art making.
Beginning this Fall we invite everyone to come experience Screen It! Local Movie Showcase in the Handball Court. Come experience film in a more intimate setting with screenings of films by local filmmakers! Get the once in a lifetime experience to talk with the filmmaker about their work of art with talkbacks and Q&A sessions!
But the fun doesn’t stop there! Are you interested in learning more about how film works or interested in creating a film of your own? We will be offering a few different classes that go over different aspects of film! Stop in to Introduction to Film and Video for a hands-on studio course where you can create a series of films and videos in response to different assignments. In this class you will have technical demonstrations, in-class shoots, and critiques. Interested in learning how to write for the screen? Our Writing for Stage and Screen class is perfect for you! Learn how to structure your story for a maximum impact and learn to create powerful plays and films to keep audiences captivated.
The Des Moines Social Club is for everyone. No membership required! Des Moines Social Club’s events, classes and programming span numerous arts disciplines. There is something for everyone and all ages.
- Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!
- Interns Try: Cooking with Cass: Intro to Sushi
- 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival
- Staff Spotlight: Heather Matson
- 5 Ways to get Involved in the Des Moines Arts Scene this June
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!
- BASH Band Bio: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- BASH Band Bio: The Maytags
- BASH Band Bio: Grand Ave Ruckus
- Interns Try: Beginning Aerial
- Interns Try: Book & Cook Julie & Julia with Chef Cher
- Community Spotlight: Dang Felton
- The Last-Ever Mickey’s Picks!
- Decadent Desserts at the Social Club