You ART Here.
Starting this week, we will posting a series of blog posts about each of the arts disciplines that will be featured at the Des Moines Social Club. Look for these posts every Tuesday and Thursday until the Grand Opening on May 10th!
We are committed to supporting artists and creating opportunities to enhance the visual art scene in Des Moines, our Viaduct Gallery, sponsored in part by Grand View University, connects the community with progressive and dynamic art of all mediums. The Viaduct Gallery is Des Moines’ new art home exhibiting works by emerging local, regional, national, and international artists.
The Viaduct Gallery opened in March with the launch of the Interface exhibit. Mark your calendars for our next upcoming exhibits: Grand View Art & Design Department’s Annual Student Competition: April 18 – May 11 and the PedalArt Des Moines exhibit will launch on May 16.
Coming in 2014: Artists can partake in a residency program that allows them to expand past a regular gallery show with the opportunity to present, create, teach, and reflect in the Des Moines community. Along with regular gallery shows, the Viaduct Gallery will also host the Instagrammies – a show offering everyone the chance to submit their Instagram photos and win prizes. Call-for-Entry Art Shows will take place with artists submitting show ideas as an ongoing process, we will also host medium-specific, genre-specific, group shows, and other specialized shows within the space. In addition, artists working in a variety of mediums will be creating installations for display all around the Firehouse and at numerous events and programs.
You’ll also want to get ready for the return of Artquake this summer. Join us as we transform the Courtyard into an interactive gallery of local painters, photographers, musicians, actors, new media artists, and anyone else who shows up.
Want to learn how to create art? We’ve got a ton of visual art classes such as Comic Book Drawing, The Art of Makeup, Advanced Figure Drawing, Photography: The Art of Seeing, and much more. View our upcoming classes.
So, yes. There will be a lot of Visual Art at the Des Moines Social Club. Get ready.
The Des Moines Social Club is for everyone. No membership required! Des Moines Social Club’s events, classes and programming span numerous arts disciplines. There is literally something for everyone and all ages.
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!
- Welcome to our 2018 Summer Interns!
- Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!
- Interns Try: Cooking with Cass: Intro to Sushi
- 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival
- Staff Spotlight: Heather Matson
- 5 Ways to get Involved in the Des Moines Arts Scene this June
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!
- BASH Band Bio: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- BASH Band Bio: The Maytags