Welcome to our 2018 Summer Interns!
Des Moines Social Club selects four interns for summer program
Des Moines, IA (APRIL 23, 2018) – The Des Moines Social Club announced today the selection of their 2018 Summer Interns. Although the Des Moines Social Club (DMSC) has provided internships for students throughout its history as an organization, DMSC is proud to announce that this will be the first year that interns will receive stipends for their work. This summer, a select group of undergraduate students were chosen to work in a variety of capacities for the arts and culture nonprofit.
The four interns will gain an understanding of the inner workings of nonprofits, provide high-level assistance in planning events, and complete a variety of projects specific to their role. Each intern will work under the guidance of a staff mentor, working in Education, Programming, Marketing, and Gallery Management. The interns play an essential role in furthering the Des Moines Social Club’s mission of using the arts as a catalyst to create unprecedented community engagement.
“We are excited to welcome our newest cohort of interns to Des Moines Social Club. Internships are important to any business, especially one like ours who relies on a small team of staff. Interns bring in novel perspectives, fresh ideas, and specialized strengths and skills,” said Chuck Current, Executive Director for DMSC. “Most importantly, for us though, is the chance to further commit to our mission of using the arts as a catalyst to create unprecedented community engagement. Our summer interns bring with them a wide range of experiences and voices that we welcome.”
The Des Moines Social Club 2018 Summer Interns are:
Alyssa Bovinette, Education Intern | University of Iowa, Class of 2016 | Ames, IA
Elsa Klein, Programming Intern | University of St Andrews, Class of 2019 | Des Moines, IA
Jakeena Mckay, Marketing Intern | Wartburg College, Class of 2019 | Chicago, IL
Sasha Middeldorp, Gallery Management Intern | Grinnell College, Class of 2018 | Northfield, MN
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!
- Welcome to our 2018 Summer Interns!
- Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!
- Interns Try: Cooking with Cass: Intro to Sushi
- 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival
- Staff Spotlight: Heather Matson
- 5 Ways to get Involved in the Des Moines Arts Scene this June
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!
- BASH Band Bio: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- BASH Band Bio: The Maytags