Welcome to Bike Month, true believers!
We’re really excited to be partnering again with the Des Moines Bicycle Collective on a bicycle art poster show, this year called PedalArt.
Don’t let the new name throw you–it’s the same funtastic event as the previous two years, only we’re partnering directly with the Bike Collective on producing it, rather than with the ArtCrank organization. But you can expect great posters (Michelle Holley, our fabulous curator, let me sneak a look and they’re great) and fun times.
Be there for the opening Friday, and come check out the first Farmer’s Market of the year on Saturday, which also happens to be the first Market Day. Farmer’s Market, Market Day and PedalArt all happening at the DMSC on Saturday–that’s a must-do nexus of coolness.
See you at the Club!
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!
- BASH Band Bio: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- BASH Band Bio: The Maytags
- BASH Band Bio: Grand Ave Ruckus
- Interns Try: Beginning Aerial
- Interns Try: Book & Cook Julie & Julia with Chef Cher
- Community Spotlight: Dang Felton
- The Last-Ever Mickey’s Picks!
- Decadent Desserts at the Social Club
- A Quick Guide to Des Moines on September 24th
- World Food and Music Week 2016
- Show preview: DMSC Presents: Fendika
- Show Preview: World Food & Music Week: The Dhol Foundation (DJ Set)
- The Des Moines Jazz Festival FAQ