Viaduct Gallery Set to Open 3/14
The Des Moines Social Club’s Viaduct Gallery at the Firehouse will be inaugurated with an opening reception for Interface on Friday, March 14 from 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. The Viaduct Gallery, sponsored in part by Grand View University, will be Des Moines’ new visual art home exhibiting works by local and regional artists. Committed to supporting artists and creating opportunities to enhance the art scene in Des Moines, the Viaduct Gallery will connect the community with progressive and dynamic art of all mediums.
The Interface exhibition features the exploration of connections, community, socializing, and the interface that occurs between people. Viaduct lives in a setting where the multi-faceted experience of human-to-human interaction occurs constantly, and Interface delves into this concept from the outset of our programming. Fourteen artists will be featured in this inaugural exhibition representing Iowa, Boston, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, and Austria.
Interface Exhibiting Artists
Interface – Opening Reception and Exhibition at the Viaduct Gallery
Des Moines Social Club’s Viaduct Gallery
900 Mulberry Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309
Opening Reception: Friday, March 14 from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m., featuring music by DJ Tone Zone and a special preview of Capes Kafé
Exhibition: March 14 – April 13
Entrance: Main building of the firehouse on the corner of 9th and Mulberry
Parking: Free parking is available east of the firehouse in the ramp between 8th & 9th St. and Mulberry & Cherry St. Enter the ramp via Mulberry St. only. Free street parking is also available.
Inaugural Exhibition: March 14 – April 13
Grand View Juried Student Exhibit: April 18
PedalArt Des Moines: May 16
Viaduct Gallery Hours (starting after March 14)
Mon. – Fri.: 10am – 6pm
Sat.: 10am – 5pm
Sun.: 12pm – 6pm
About the Des Moines Social Club
The Des Moines Social Club provides an inclusive arts, entertainment, and educational venue for all ages that uses the arts as a catalyst to create unprecedented community engagement. Formed in 2007, the non-profit organization works to support the development of the creative class through a variety of resources. On any given night at the Des Moines Social Club, you may see thought-provoking theater, pop-up art galleries, entertaining trivia competitions, or drama courses for kids — all happening simultaneously. The Des Moines Social Club is currently completing renovations on their new space at the downtown Firehouse at 900 Mulberry Street with the grand opening set for May 10, 2014.
- Teach a class with us – Spring 2019 Education Request for Proposals
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!
- Welcome to our 2018 Summer Interns!
- Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!
- Interns Try: Cooking with Cass: Intro to Sushi
- 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival
- Staff Spotlight: Heather Matson
- 5 Ways to get Involved in the Des Moines Arts Scene this June
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!