Valentine’s Day at Des Moines Social Club
Join us for Valentine’s Day activities at Des Moines Social Club. Whether you’re going out with friends or your sweetheart, come spice up the Holiday of Love with these special events.
Thursday, February 14 2019 • 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm • Culinary Loft
The perfect Valentine’s date night (or friend outing)! If you love Mad Men, break out your cocktail shaker and join us for a 1960s-inspired cocktail party with delicious (and classic) libations and hors-d’oeuvres. Learn the tricks of the trade to make retro cocktails that would make Don Draper feel right at home. But even Mad Men didn’t live by whiskey and vodka alone. Tempt your taste buds with original recipes from the period (maybe with a 21st-century twist). We’re offering a savory selection of original Mad Men-era recipes (in the early-60s, dips were something new, hip and exciting!). Enjoy an evening of socializing like the men and women of the Sterling-Cooper advertising agency. After this class, you will be able to host a cocktail party that would make Betty Draper proud!
See the full cocktail and food menu here!
Thursday, February 14 2019 • 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm • The Basement
Spend your Valentine’s Day on an exploration of the senses. For the musically adventurous…
Hailing from Minneapolis, Annie & the Bang Bang genre hops from dreamy folkpop to late sixties rock to psychedelic blues, crafting musical adventures that value animal intelligence, poetry, and mischief. Also performing is Des Moines’ very own Goatfoam!
– 1 glass of champagne
– Vegan/vegetarian sushi (while supplies last)
– Chocolate dipped strawberries (while supplies last)
Friday, February 15 2019 • 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm • The Basement
A special Valentine’s installment of Des Moines’ homegrown comedy series, Panic! A Love Story celebrates love in the spirit of Cupid with the silliest and goofiest of shows.
What can I expect at this special show? This show gives you a Valentine’s themed twist!
– Performers will be comprised of some comedic couples and some single comedians who are ready to find love.
– Expect topics to surround love, romance, dating, etc. with some possible audience participation (only for those who are willing!).
– Perfect for: Date night for already established couples, Night out with friends looking for a fun time, Single folks looking for love/new friends/a night away from their basement at home.
- AMC Donates $50,000 to DMSC through AMC Gives Back Initiative
- Calling all Food Trucks – Throw Down Applications available now!
- Valentine’s Day at Des Moines Social Club
- You TEACH Here. DMSC seeks teaching artists for Summer 2019
- Teach a class with us – Spring 2019 Education Request for Proposals
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!
- Welcome to our 2018 Summer Interns!
- Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!
- Interns Try: Cooking with Cass: Intro to Sushi
- 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival