The Write Stuff – Thursday, June 7
So, you think you have the chops to be a killer play-write author, but want a little extra practice? Or rather, never written a single play-write, but find the idea incredibly intriguing? Whether you are a beginner or a pro, or caught somewhere in between, come to The Write Stuff: A Workshop in Dramatic Writing on Thursday, June 7 from 6-9pm at the Des Moines Social Club!
In The Write Stuff, participants will explore two fundamental concepts in dramatic writing: temporal chambering and writing for impact. They will have the opportunity to discuss these concepts with fellow participants and write original material. Emphasis will be placed on examples and tactics for implementation. Participants should bring materials to write by hand.
The workshop will be lead by two spectacular instructors: Kevin Kautzman and Deborah Yarchun. Both have won a generous amount of play-write awards. So, they certainly have a great deal of knowledge to share! There will be two parts to the workshop, which will include writing exercises, discussion-based lectures, and (optional) sharing at the end of the workshop. The emphasis of this workshop is placed on examples and implementation tactics.
Class size is limited to 15 members, so sign up today for $20 or $15 for students by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for more details about the workshop and don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity of enhancing your play-writing skills by working with achieved professionals.
Also, be sure to join us on at the Club on Wednesday, June 6 at 6pm for Page to Stage, our monthly play reading series. This time around we’ll be featuring the first midwest reading of Kevin Kautzman’s play If You Start A Fire [Be Prepared To Burn]. Kautzman is the winner of the Repertory Theatre of Iowa/Drama Workshop Alpha Prize, for his play Coyote, which was presented by RTI as a staged reading in February of 2012 at the Des Moines Social Club. Be there!
- DYNAMIC ARTS AND CULTURE NONPROFIT SEEKS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!
- BASH Band Bio: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- BASH Band Bio: The Maytags
- BASH Band Bio: Grand Ave Ruckus
- Interns Try: Beginning Aerial
- Interns Try: Book & Cook Julie & Julia with Chef Cher
- Community Spotlight: Dang Felton
- The Last-Ever Mickey’s Picks!
- Decadent Desserts at the Social Club
- A Quick Guide to Des Moines on September 24th
- World Food and Music Week 2016
- Show preview: DMSC Presents: Fendika
- Show Preview: World Food & Music Week: The Dhol Foundation (DJ Set)