- New Classes Set to Begin
- Hearts Against Humanity, A Valentine Party for Horrible People
- Win the Best NYE VIP Experience of Your Freakin’ Life
- NEW: The Shop
- Des Moines Social Club Announces Full Lineup for Bash to the Future, Presented by Kum & Go, NYE at the Firehouse
- December Happenings at Des Moines Social Club
- November Happenings at the DMSC
- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah to Headline Bash to the Future
- Des Moines Social Club T-Shirt Design Contest
- Coming up in October
- New Show: Stuck in the Middle with Dave Price
- Announcing the Instagrammies
- The Basement: Coming 10/1/14
- Announcing the 2014-2015 Kum & Go Theater Season
- It’s September!
So, you think you have the chops to be a killer play-write author, but want a little extra practice? Or rather, never written a single play-write, but find the idea incredibly intriguing? Whether you are a beginner or a pro, or caught somewhere in between, come to The Write Stuff: A Workshop in Dramatic Writing on Thursday, June 7 from 6-9pm at the Des Moines Social Club!
In The Write Stuff, participants will explore two fundamental concepts in dramatic writing: temporal chambering and writing for impact. They will have the opportunity to discuss these concepts with fellow participants and write original material. Emphasis will be placed on examples and tactics for implementation. Participants should bring materials to write by hand.
The workshop will be lead by two spectacular instructors: Kevin Kautzman and Deborah Yarchun. Both have won a generous amount of play-write awards. So, they certainly have a great deal of knowledge to share! There will be two parts to the workshop, which will include writing exercises, discussion-based lectures, and (optional) sharing at the end of the workshop. The emphasis of this workshop is placed on examples and implementation tactics.
Class size is limited to 15 members, so sign up today for $20 or $15 for students by emailing email@example.com. Click here for more details about the workshop and don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity of enhancing your play-writing skills by working with achieved professionals.
Also, be sure to join us on at the Club on Wednesday, June 6 at 6pm for Page to Stage, our monthly play reading series. This time around we’ll be featuring the first midwest reading of Kevin Kautzman’s play If You Start A Fire [Be Prepared To Burn]. Kautzman is the winner of the Repertory Theatre of Iowa/Drama Workshop Alpha Prize, for his play Coyote, which was presented by RTI as a staged reading in February of 2012 at the Des Moines Social Club. Be there!