The Basement: Coming 10/1/14
Our basement bar is undergoing some major renovations and will relaunch as The Basement (creative name, we know) on October 1. We’re busy adding decor by local artists, installing new soundproofing, plus constructing an updated bar, stage, backstage area, and seating.
Tuesday Team Trivia, Open Mic, and other favorites will be back and better than ever. We’re making changes that we feel will not only better suit the needs of our current programming but also open the door to new concerts, art shows, game nights, and anything in between.
After we officially open, The Basement will be open every Tuesday – Saturday night from 6pm – 2am, with events nearly every night of the week. Basically, the hangout spot we used to have at 1408 Locust is back. Except this time, we are in the basement of a renovated historic firehouse. Pretty rad.
Come see all the changes at our official launch party on 10/1/14.
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!
- Welcome to our 2018 Summer Interns!
- Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!
- Interns Try: Cooking with Cass: Intro to Sushi
- 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival
- Staff Spotlight: Heather Matson
- 5 Ways to get Involved in the Des Moines Arts Scene this June
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!
- BASH Band Bio: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels