Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!
The Des Moines Social Club is pleased to announce that it is a recipient of Bravo Greater Des Moines’ Cultural Enrichment Grant. Funding from Bravo ensures that the Des Moines Social Club can continue its mission of using the arts as a catalyst to create unprecedented community engagement. The $90,000 in funding directly supports operations and program development.
“Bravo Greater Des Moines is proud to support the Des Moines Social Club and the diverse array of arts experiences they offer to Central Iowans. The Social Club’s unique programming contributes to the advancement of the region’s arts and culture landscape,” said Sally Dix, Executive Director of Bravo Greater Des Moines.
Bravo is a non-profit that envisions a community where arts, culture and heritage organizations across central Iowa are recognized and supported as vital contributors to the region’s vibrant quality of life. Bravo provides support to the majority of the region’s diverse cultural offerings with more than 70 Cultural Partners receiving support in the most recent grant cycle. For more information about Bravo, visit www.bravogreaterdesmoines.org.
Established in 2009, the Des Moines Social Club is an innovative arts and entertainment hub located in a renovated, historic art deco Firehouse in downtown Des Moines. The non-profit provides a home for local artists, offers unique programming spanning all arts disciplines, and brings people of every age and background together under one roof. On any given night, you may see thought-provoking theater, pop-up art galleries, circus classes, entertaining trivia competitions, live music, or art courses for kids — all happening simultaneously. For a list of classes and events, or for more information about the Des Moines Social Club, visit www.desmoinessocialclub.org.
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!
- Welcome to our 2018 Summer Interns!
- Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!
- Interns Try: Cooking with Cass: Intro to Sushi
- 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival
- Staff Spotlight: Heather Matson
- 5 Ways to get Involved in the Des Moines Arts Scene this June
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!
- BASH Band Bio: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels