Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
Community Betterment Grant will help fund Des Moines Social Club’s Courtyard enhancements
Prairie Meadows recently awarded Des Moines Social Club a Community Betterment Grant totaling $20,500. The grant will help fund the enhancements to the Prairie Meadows Courtyard at the Social Club. Prairie Meadows is a nonprofit business dedicated to lessening the burden of government by promoting economic development, jobs, agriculture, and tourism in the state of Iowa.
Development Director for the Des Moines Social Club, Brad A. Watkins says, “ We are honored by this generous grant. Without strong community partners like Prairie Meadows, Des Moines Social Club couldn’t offer the eclectic and diverse arts that we pride ourselves in. We thank Prairie Meadows for all they do for us and the region.”
The $20,500 grant will allow Des Moines Social club to enhance and create a safer experience for visitors in the Prairie Meadows Courtyard on the Des Moines Social Club campus by upgrading the garbage enclosure area behind the outdoor stage. The project is expected to be completed in fall of 2018.
“As a nonprofit organization, Prairie Meadows fulfills its mission by giving back to organizations that support arts and culture, education, economic development, and human services. We are excited to see the impact this project will have on our Central Iowa community,” said Julie Stewart, Prairie Meadows’ Director of Community Relations.
About Prairie Meadows
Prairie Meadows began operations as a nonprofit organization in 1989, with the goal of promoting economic development, jobs, agriculture, and tourism in the state of Iowa. Through taxes, grants, and charitable donations, Prairie Meadows has given more than $1.7 billion to the state of Iowa. Prairie Meadows offers more than 1,700 slot machines, table games, live and simulcast racing, hotel accommodations, entertainment, and more.
- AMC Donates $50,000 to DMSC through AMC Gives Back Initiative
- Calling all Food Trucks – Throw Down Applications available now!
- Valentine’s Day at Des Moines Social Club
- You TEACH Here. DMSC seeks teaching artists for Summer 2019
- Teach a class with us – Spring 2019 Education Request for Proposals
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!
- Welcome to our 2018 Summer Interns!
- Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!
- Interns Try: Cooking with Cass: Intro to Sushi
- 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival