Our Viaduct Gallery Launches with Inaugural Exhibition and PedalArt, Call for Artists
Our Viaduct Gallery at the Firehouse will officially open on March 14, 2014, with our inaugural exhibition, followed by the Grand View Juried Student Exhibit on April 18, and PedalArt Des Moines on May 16. We are accepting artist submissions for the inaugural exhibition until February 21 and PedalArt Des Moines until February 28.
The Viaduct Gallery, sponsored in part by Grand View University, will be Des Moines’ new visual art home exhibiting works by local and regional artists. Committed to supporting artists and creating opportunities to enhance the art scene in Des Moines, the Viaduct Gallery will connect the community with progressive and dynamic art of all mediums. After the inaugural exhibition on March 14, the Viaduct Gallery will be open from Monday–Wednesday: 10am–8pm, Thursday–Saturday: 10am–10pm, and Sunday: 12pm–5pm.
The Des Moines Social Club will offer limited programming in the Firehouse from now until April, with the grand opening set for early May.
Inaugural Exhibition Call for Entry
Viaduct Gallery is pleased to announce its inaugural exhibition at the historic firehouse within the Des Moines Social Club. For our first exhibition we are seeking work that explores ideas of connections, community, socializing, and the interface that occurs between people. Viaduct lives in a setting where the multi-faceted experience of human-to-human interaction occurs constantly, and we would like to delve into this concept from the outset of our programming.
Artists must submit an artist statement describing the proposed work, a CV, and digital images of all proposed work via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 21, 2014. Entry is open to all media, including, but not limited to, 2D and 3D work, interactive pieces, installation, and performance. View more information at http://desmoinessocialclub.org/viaduct-gallery.
PedalArt Des Moines Call for Entry
PedalArt Des Moines seeks entries for the fifth annual poster art show at the Des Moines Social Club’s Viaduct Gallery in May 2014. We are excited to hold this great local event for another year, and we welcome the community to join-in on the fun. PedalArt Des Moines is a free event that showcases bicycle-inspired poster art by local artists at an affordable price. More than 30 artists print 30 editions of their poster, and each print is sold for $30. PedalArt Des Moines celebrates bicycle and art enthusiasts, while simultaneously promoting sustainability and creativity within our community.
Submitting artists, please read and complete the artist agreement at http://desmoinessocialclub.org/viaduct-gallery. Submit a CV, completed artist agreement, and 3-5 examples of your work or an electronic portfolio to email@example.com by February 28, 2014. By submitting, artists agree to create original, bicycle-themed poster art. All entries must be submitted by February 28, 2014 in order to be considered.
- Learn more from the bands of The Sunken Circus dual-album release show!
- Call for Entries – Artist-Designed Mini Golf
- Social Club celebrates Wells Fargo 2018 support
- AMC Donates $50,000 to DMSC through AMC Gives Back Initiative
- Calling all Food Trucks – Throw Down Applications available now!
- Valentine’s Day at Des Moines Social Club
- You TEACH Here. DMSC seeks teaching artists for Summer 2019
- Teach a class with us – Spring 2019 Education Request for Proposals
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!
- Welcome to our 2018 Summer Interns!