I spend a great deal of time promoting other people’s art – and I am honored and proud to do so. Rarely do I actually get to do my own art, it’s about once a year these days if I’m lucky. So I’m being a little selfish and promoting my own art to you – so just get over it and come see the show.
The Dumb Waiter and The Bald Soprano are two classic one-act plays that I have lived with for over 12 years. These shows deal with the issue of communication – our fears surrounding it and our misunderstanding of the ability to even communicate in the first place. Both plays helped launch the Absurdist Theater Movement of the 1960’s which paved the way for much of modern playwriting. Today’s writers like Tony Kushner, Tom Stoppard, David Mamet, Tracy Letts, Martin McDonough and many others formed their styles largely due to the work of our two writers here – Harold Pinter and Eugene Ionesco.
Enough with the history lesson – these two plays rock. They are a lot of fun, and certainly different from anything you may have seen before on our stages. This is the selfish reason I work for DMSC – it gives me a platform to produce my artwork just like it does for all of you. Come out and see the show, and support our wonderful cast and crew – and of course – come see what I made. It’s not too shabby.
We open tonight. Be there!
Thurs. 3/21 – 7:30pm – Dice Night
Fri. 3/22 – 7:30pm – College Night
Sat. 3/23 – 7:30pm
Sun. 3/24 – 2pm & 7:30pm
Wed. 3/27 – 7:30pm – Dice Night
Thurs. 3/28 – 7:30pm
Fri. 3/29 – 7:30pm
Sat. 3/30 – 7:30pm
Sun. 3/31 – 2:00pm
$20 for evening shows
$14 for Sunday shows
Advance tickets – Midwestix
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!
- Welcome to our 2018 Summer Interns!
- Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!
- Interns Try: Cooking with Cass: Intro to Sushi
- 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival
- Staff Spotlight: Heather Matson
- 5 Ways to get Involved in the Des Moines Arts Scene this June
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!
- BASH Band Bio: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- BASH Band Bio: The Maytags
- BASH Band Bio: Grand Ave Ruckus
- Interns Try: Beginning Aerial