Max Wellman’s “Home for the Holidays” Concert Series receives support from Arts Midwest
Max Wellman’s “Home for the Holidays” Concert Series, Masterclass receives support from Arts Midwest.
Des Moines Social Club has been selected to receive funding from Arts Midwest Touring Fund, a program of Arts Midwest, generously supported by the National Endowment for the Arts with additional contributions from Iowa Arts Council.
Arts Midwest Touring Fund is a program of Arts Midwest that engages people in meaningful experiences with the fine arts of dance, music, theater, and other performing arts forms. Inter-state touring and the engagement of professional artists is central to the work of Arts Midwest.
Arts Midwest Executive Director David J. Fraher says, “Arts Midwest is proud to support Des Moines Social Club in their upcoming engagement of Max Wellman. In these economically trying times, arts events like this not only provide uplifting experiences for audiences, they also create meaningful jobs for those employed in the arts industry – thus amplifying the effectiveness of our funding.”
In December of 2012, Max Wellman will perform 6 concerts at the Des Moines Social Club, in addition to conducting a vocal jazz performance master class with Des Moines- area high school students, including those from buildings with high percentages of free- and reduced-lunch recipients. Students will perform a song of their choosing with Mr. Wellman’s band, and then be coached by Mr. Wellman to help them improve their vocal technique and performance skills.
About Arts Midwest: Based in Minneapolis, Arts Midwest is one of six nonprofit regional arts organizations in the United States. Its mission is to promote creativity, nurture cultural leadership, and engage people in meaningful arts experiences, bringing vitality to Midwest communities and enriching people’s lives. Since its establishment more than 25 years ago, Arts Midwest has been serving audiences, arts organizations, and artists throughout the nine states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, and beyond.
About the National Endowment for the Arts: The National Endowment for the Arts is a public agency dedicated to supporting excellence in the arts, both new and established; bringing the arts to all Americans; and providing leadership in arts education. Established by Congress in 1965 as an independent agency of the federal government, the Endowment is the nation’s largest annual funder of the arts, bringing great art to all 50 states, including rural areas, inner cities, and military bases.
For more information:
• About Des Moines Social Club: Please visit desmoinessocialclub.org.
• About Arts Midwest: Please visit www.artsmidwest.org.
Des Moines Social Club ∙ PO Box 93301 ∙ Des Moines, IA, 50393 ∙ (515)-288-3672
- DYNAMIC ARTS AND CULTURE NONPROFIT SEEKS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!
- BASH Band Bio: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- BASH Band Bio: The Maytags
- BASH Band Bio: Grand Ave Ruckus
- Interns Try: Beginning Aerial
- Interns Try: Book & Cook Julie & Julia with Chef Cher
- Community Spotlight: Dang Felton
- The Last-Ever Mickey’s Picks!
- Decadent Desserts at the Social Club
- A Quick Guide to Des Moines on September 24th
- World Food and Music Week 2016
- Show preview: DMSC Presents: Fendika
- Show Preview: World Food & Music Week: The Dhol Foundation (DJ Set)