Grand Opening Party Details
Come See Des Moines Change this Saturday.
Des Moines Social Club Grand Opening Party
Saturday, May 10
5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
After-Party featuring Modern Love with DJ Eight Ten in the Basement Bar at 9:00 p.m.
900 Mulberry Street, Des Moines
We are hosting a huge free party to showcase the diverse, multidisciplinary programming that will be housed at the Firehouse. Go ahead and poke around the entire space to get a feel for everything. Here’s a schedule of what’s all going down…
5:00 – Dustin Smith and the Sunday Silos
6:00 – Land of Blood and Sunshine
6:45 – Run DSM Poets
7:00 – Maxilla Blue
7:30 – Keynote Speech from David Byrne
8:15 – Tires
* Insider Tip – Arrive early to snag a good spot for David Byrne. You may also consider heading up to the Rooftop Patio for a great view of the bands playing in the courtyard.
Kum & Go Theater
5:15 – Opera Eight
5:30 – Des Moines Young Artists’ Theatre
5:45 – Repertory Theater of Iowa
6:00 – Des Moines Young Artists’ Theatre
6:15 – 3X Wrestling
6:30 – Stage West
6:45 – Repertory Theater of Iowa
7:00 – Stage West
7:15 – Iowa School of Burlesque
6:15 – Remarks by Elise Goodmann, Viaduct Gallery Director
All Night – The gallery’s current exhibition of Grand View Art & Design Department’s Annual Student Competition Portrait Studio will be on display. Additionally, attendees can paint on a large-scale collaborative mural.
Classroom – Movement Studio
5:30 – Vocal Workshop
6:00 – ATS Bellydance
6:30 – Everything Circus
7:00 – Hooping
Classroom – Workshop
5:00 – Actors’ Dojo
6:15 – Charcoal Drawing with Rob Reeves
Classroom – Art Studio
5:00 – 7:30 – Portrait Studio
5:00 – 7:30 – Non-profits currently working out of the DMSC will open their doors
All Night – Joe Crimmings and Aeon Grey showcase a multimedia installation
All Night – Learn about renting the DMSC for your next event
All Night – Take a tour of the Blue Moon Recording Studio
9:00 – 2:00 – After-Party featuring Modern Love with DJ Eight Ten
– Bars: Culinary, Courtyard, Malo.
– Visit Malo for drinks and samples of menu items (they officially open on May 14).
– The Spot Food Truck will be serving food in the Viaduct Alley.
– Drink/eat/comics at Capes Kafe.
FREE parking is available east of the Firehouse in the ramp between 8th & 9th St. and Mulberry & Cherry St. after 5:00pm and on weekends. Enter the ramp via Mulberry St. only. Please do not park in the West End Architectural Salvage lot. View a map of additional downtown parking options here. Street parking is also available.
- Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!
- Interns Try: Cooking with Cass: Intro to Sushi
- 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival
- Staff Spotlight: Heather Matson
- 5 Ways to get Involved in the Des Moines Arts Scene this June
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!
- BASH Band Bio: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- BASH Band Bio: The Maytags
- BASH Band Bio: Grand Ave Ruckus
- Interns Try: Beginning Aerial
- Interns Try: Book & Cook Julie & Julia with Chef Cher
- Community Spotlight: Dang Felton
- The Last-Ever Mickey’s Picks!
- Decadent Desserts at the Social Club