DMSC seeks hardworking, ambitious, and creative art enthusiasts and nonprofit-supporting university students to join the DMSC intern team for the fall, spring, or summer semester. DMSC interns possess a variety of majors and interests. Successful applicants are self-starters who are organized, effective communicators, and problem solvers. DMSC interns have the opportunity to gain an understanding of the inner workings of nonprofits, will assist with day-to-day transactions and concierge duties as well as provide high-level assistance in planning events, and should emerge with a demonstrable work product for their portfolio. Internships at DMSC are generally unpaid but may be eligible for class credit.
DMSC interns work one-on-one with staff to assist with projects in the following areas:
• Graphic Design
• Venue Management
• Gallery Management
To apply, please specify which position you are interested in and submit the following to Katie Ortman at firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover letter
• Sample of work (if applying for graphic design, photo/video, or marketing/communications position)
Volunteers make the Des Moines Social Club possible. Help us further our mission of connecting the community with the arts by:
• Checking out current volunteer opportunities here.
• Signing up for our monthly volunteer e-newsletter here.
We are currently seeking volunteers to help us with:
• Setting up for events
• Assisting at the afternoon arts program for students K-5
• Monitoring the theater during performances
• Maintaining booths at festivals and other art, theatre, food, and music events.
Please direct any questions or inquiries about weekly volunteer opportunities to email@example.com.