Food for Thought – May 2
You’re invited to Food for Thought, an unveiling celebration to benefit the new Des Moines Social Club. Presented by Nationwide, Food for Thought will feature a 3-course meal served in MALO restaurant along with wine pairings by Social Club Executive Director and resident sommelier, Zachary Mannheimer. This will be the first chance to taste some of George Formaro’s Latin-inspired menu before MALO’s grand opening.
Reservations: $125/person – includes three-course meal and wine pairings
There are very limited tickets remaining. Contact Zack at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat today. Advance reservations are required.
Food for Thought
900 Mulberry Street, Des Moines, Inside MALO Restaurant
Friday, May 2 at 5:30 p.m.
5:30 – Cocktail Reception: Music provided by Amie Sassano
6:30 – Dinner: Prepared by MALO Executive Chef, Scott Stroud
7:00 – Welcome: Zachary Mannheimer, Des Moines Social Club
Path to the Firehouse: Greg Wattier, Slingshot Architecture
Keynote Speech: Dan Houston, The Principal Financial Group
Thank-you: Zachary Mannheimer
Live Auction: Leonard Boswell
8:00 – Entertainment: Parranderos Latin Combo & Salsa Performance
Free parking is available after 5:00 p.m. in the Wells Fargo ramp on 8th and Cherry.
- 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival
- Staff Spotlight: Heather Matson
- 5 Ways to get Involved in the Des Moines Arts Scene this June
- Interns Try: Adult Beginners Ballet Level One
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!
- BASH Band Bio: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- BASH Band Bio: The Maytags
- BASH Band Bio: Grand Ave Ruckus
- Interns Try: Beginning Aerial
- Interns Try: Book & Cook Julie & Julia with Chef Cher
- Community Spotlight: Dang Felton
- The Last-Ever Mickey’s Picks!
- Decadent Desserts at the Social Club
- A Quick Guide to Des Moines on September 24th