Fireball preview: Pyrotechniq
What is Pyrotechniq’s live performance like?
Big, bold, interactive, and hot! Pyrotechniq is all about fire. Our shows blend theatrical fire dance with technical prowess, choreography, thematic costuming, music and presence. Mix in a splash of danger that only fire can provide, the skills of the jedi, and plenty of accelerant, and you’re starting to get close.
What are you most looking forward to at Fireball?
The crowd. Des Moines and Iowa have some of the best people out there. Folks are excited, participatory, involved, and fun! We look forward to our trips to Des Moines like it’s Christmas.
What are your upcoming tour plans?
Pyrotechniq has spent much of the spring and summer on tour. With the end of summer coming soon, Pyrotechniq returns home to Chicago for a while, then off to Indianapolis, Southern IL and Minnesota,
Are you going to do anything special/unique for this particular performance?
Yes. Oh yes! We’ve created a dynamic fire performance with an original Western Theme. Spanning more than an hour, it incorporates plenty of audience interaction, multiple environments, costume changes, fight scenes, fireballs, and a DRAGON. We even have fire line dancing! As to the rest, you’ll just have to come and see what else we have up our fiery sleeves….
- AMC Donates $50,000 to DMSC through AMC Gives Back Initiative
- Calling all Food Trucks – Throw Down Applications available now!
- Valentine’s Day at Des Moines Social Club
- You TEACH Here. DMSC seeks teaching artists for Summer 2019
- Teach a class with us – Spring 2019 Education Request for Proposals
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!
- Welcome to our 2018 Summer Interns!
- Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!
- Interns Try: Cooking with Cass: Intro to Sushi
- 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival