Family fun on the forecast for this weekend: 13 The Broadway Musical!
You know the classic ‘new kid on the playground’ story… when his parents get divorced and he’s forced to move from New York to a small town in Indiana on the eve of his Bar Mitzvah, Evan Goldman just wants to make friends and survive the school year. Easier said than done! With an unforgettable rock score from Tony Award-winning composer Jason Robert Brown, “13″ is a hilarious, grown-up musical for all ages about discovering that cool is where you find it, and sometimes where you least expect it. Pop / Rock. Rated PG.
Bonus: please join us at 1:30 pm on May 26th for a special pre-show discussion with Cantor Linda Shivers of Tifereth Israel Synagogue about the Jewish tradition of Bar mitzvah and Bat mitzvah.
13 is a production by Des Moines Onstage in conjunction with the Des Moines Social Club featuring 18 middle and high school youth from several Des Moines Metro Schools, as well as 12 students and faculty from Drake University’s Musical Theater Department.
“13″ – The Broadway Musical!
Friday & Saturday, May 24 & 25 at 7pm
Sunday, May 26 at 2pm
Des Moines Social Club, 400 Walnut St., Des Moines
$15 Adults/ $10 Kids tickets available at midwestix.com
- Help Support DMSC
- Learn more from the bands of The Sunken Circus dual-album release show!
- Call for Entries – Artist-Designed Mini Golf
- Social Club celebrates Wells Fargo 2018 support
- AMC Donates $50,000 to DMSC through AMC Gives Back Initiative
- Calling all Food Trucks – Throw Down Applications available now!
- Valentine’s Day at Des Moines Social Club
- You TEACH Here. DMSC seeks teaching artists for Summer 2019
- Teach a class with us – Spring 2019 Education Request for Proposals
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!