The Real South of the Border: Venezuela
Single Session $40
Class Description: A dip into the cuisine of different regions in South America. I will teach you about each recipe and its ingredients as well as give you an example of how to plate each dish.
- Pre-Appetizer: Tajadas (fried plantain)
- Tequeños (Venezuelan Cheese Sticks) w/ guasacaca (guacamole salsa)
- Traditional Arepas With Beef
- Chivo con Coco (goat coconut curry) w/ rice
- Quesillo (Venezuelan Flan)
Cassandra lived in New York City from 2006-2013. This is where she discovered her passion for the many different cuisines from around the world. She recently graduated from the Iowa Culinary Institute at DMMAC and is a personal Chef for many small businesses in the Des Moines area. Her favorite cuisine to cook at home is Traditional Sichuan Cuisine from North Western China.