Intro to Film/Television Industry Weekend Intensive
Cost// $50 (Covers both days)
Dates// February 2nd and 3rd
This is introductory course on the film industry with no focus on creativity. This is the down to earth, black and white course on filmmaking that doesn’t talk about cameras (because everyone has some sort of camera these days).
– What are the different departments of a film production?
– Who works under each department?
– What is a call sheet and how do you write/read one?
– What are the different unions and what do they do?
– The difference of scripted vs unscripted?
– How do you break down a script?
– How do you schedule a shoot?
– Independent filmmaker VS working for the man
– How do you write a budget?
– What is a pre-pro book? What’s a wrap binder?
– Why do you need them?
– Set Etiquette
– How do you get jobs?
– Do you need a degree?
About the Artist: Kristian Day has worked in the film and television industry for over a decade. He has produced content for Hulu, CryptTV, PBS, NHK (Japan), ITV(UK), and has worked as production manager on several media projects across the globe. For several years he commuted between Iowa to California to work on shows including “The Bachelor”/”Bachelorette”. Alongside working the film and television industry he is also a columnist for Cityview Magazine and hosts a radio program on 98.9FM KFMG every Thursday night from 9PM-10PM called Iowa Basement Tapes.
For info please visit: www.kristianday.com or http://imdb.me/kristianday
*** SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE ***
The Des Moines Social Club is passionate about creating accessible arts and culture opportunities for all members of the Des Moines community. For a scholarship application, please email education@desmoinessocialclub.