Call to Artists – Americana
Viaduct Gallery and the Des Moines Social Club invite you to submit an application to participate in our July 2016 Gallery Exhibit. The theme of the show is Americana. Artists are encouraged to submit work fitting any and all interpretations of the theme.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 3, 2016 at 8pm CST
Exhibit Dates: June 29, 2016 – July 30, 2016
Opening Reception: June 29, 2016 from 5pm – 9pm
Juried by Committee: Representatives from DMSC will select featured works for the exhibit.
Entry Fee: NO FEE
Entry Requirements: All artists will be considered. All mediums will be considered.
Any artist interested in having their artwork considered may submit up to 3 entries. All artwork must match the following criteria:
- Must be the original work of the artist
- Suitable for public display
- Must be for sale, except for special cases
- Artwork must reflect the artist’s interpretation of the theme
- Must be exhibition ready
Submit all entries electronically to email@example.com with AMERICANA in the subject line.
All submissions should include*:
- Jpeg images of artwork
- Artist name
- Artist address, phone number, email, and website (if applicable)
- Title of artwork and purchase price
- Date created
- Medium(s) used, dimensions (H x W x D), and weight of artwork
- Any special notes about the work (i.e. power needed, etc.)
- Artist statement explaining why you chose this piece(s)
*any submissions not including ALL of the above information WILL NOT be considered.
Notification of Acceptance: Viaduct Gallery will contact artists by June 10, 2016 regarding the inclusion of their artwork in the exhibit. All artists will be notified, regardless of whether or not they were selected. At that time, all accepted artists will be sent an exhibit contract.
Shipping and Delivery: All artwork must be in the possession of Viaduct Gallery no later than June 22, 2016. Artist is responsible for all shipping costs and shipping containers. Artist must include prepaid, return shipping label. Artwork should be able to be packaged into its original container for return shipping.
Sales Commission: Viaduct Gallery retains a 40% sales commission.
- Call to artists issued March 28, 2016
- Submissions due no later than 8pm CST June 3, 2016
- Committee selects artwork for exhibit June 4 – 9, 2016
- Selected artists are notified June 10, 2016
- Delivery of artwork completed June 22, 2016
- Exhibit installed June 27 – June 29, 2016
- Opening reception from 5-9pm June 29, 2016
- Exhibit comes down July 30, 2016
- Unsold artwork is returned to artist August 1 – 5, 2016
Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 3, 2016.