Social Club celebrates Wells Fargo 2018 support
Wells Fargo announced the company donated $10.4 million through 353 grants to local nonprofits, schools and community organizations in 2018 to help the communities and people of Iowa. The Des Moines Social Club is proud to be a recipient of a portion of these funds, which help us further our mission of using the arts as a catalyst to create unprecedented community engagement!
Wells Fargo’s philanthropic contributions build on a long history of collaboration with local nonprofits and community leaders to make a positive impact by addressing urgent community issues such as affordable housing, small business growth, access to education and sustainability.
“We are determined to help people and communities, especially in underserved areas, succeed financially. We will continue to provide philanthropy, volunteers, expertise and other resources to revitalize and strengthen local neighborhoods,” said Marta Codina, Wells Fargo region bank president for western Iowa.
Beyond philanthropy, Wells Fargo team members in Iowa volunteered more than 200,000 hours in 2018 to support nonprofits and causes important to them — including the Des Moines Social Club!
The Independent Sector estimates the value of one volunteer hour is $24.69. At 200,000 hours, the value of Wells Fargo team members’ 2018 volunteerism in Iowa was more than $4.9 million. When you combine the Wells Fargo and team member giving totals of $15.2 million and the $4.9 million value of the volunteerism, it means Wells Fargo and its team members made a $20.1 million charitable impact in Iowa last year.
More information can be found here. The Des Moines Social Club is grateful to have the continued and generous support from Wells Fargo!
- Call for Entries – Artist-Designed Mini Golf
- Social Club celebrates Wells Fargo 2018 support
- AMC Donates $50,000 to DMSC through AMC Gives Back Initiative
- Calling all Food Trucks – Throw Down Applications available now!
- Valentine’s Day at Des Moines Social Club
- You TEACH Here. DMSC seeks teaching artists for Summer 2019
- Teach a class with us – Spring 2019 Education Request for Proposals
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!
- Welcome to our 2018 Summer Interns!
- Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!