DMSC Theater Co. Presents The Last Five Years, Feb. 7-17
We’re excited to announce our first musical production, The Last Five Years by Tony-Award winning composer, Jason Robert Brown, running February 7-17 at the Des Moines Social Club. Buy tickets via Midwestix.
The Last Five Years is an emotionally powerful and intimate musical about two New Yorkers in their twenties who fall in and out of love over the course of five years. The show’s unconventional structure consists of Cathy, the woman, telling the love story backwards, while Jamie, the man, shares the courtship story chronologically; the two characters only meet once, at their wedding in the middle of the show.
“I’m thrilled to be directing DMSC Theater Co.’s first musical,” said Matthew McIver, artistic director of the Des Moines Social Club and DMSC Theater Co. “The Last Five Years is a gorgeous, hilarious look at heartbreak and intimacy. We’ve got two of the most exciting musical theater performers in town in Craig Petersen and Kellie Kramer, and Ben Hagen is seemingly everywhere as a music director and performer. I’m excited to be working with this team again, and looking forward to an amazing show.”
A special dice night will be held on Wednesday, February 13 at 7:30pm. Buy tickets at the door for whatever price rolls on a pair of dice!
DMSC Theater Co. Presents The Last Five Years by Jason Robert Brown
Director: Matthew McIver
Actors: Craig Peterson and Kellie Kramer
Music Director: Ben Hagen
When: February 7-17
Where: Des Moines Social Club, 400 Walnut St., Des Moines
Admission: $20 for evening shows or $14 for Sunday matinees via Midwestix, Wed., Feb. 13 is Dice Night! Get tickets at the door for whatever price rolls on a pair of dice.
Thurs., Feb. 7 at 7:30pm
Fri., Feb. 8 at 7:30pm
Sat., Feb. 9 at 7:30pm
Sun., Feb. 10 at 2:00pm
Wed., Feb. 13 at 7:30pm – Dice Night!
Thurs., Feb. 14 at 7:30pm
Fri., Feb. 15 at 7:30pm
Sat., Feb. 16 at 7:30pm
Sun., Feb. 17 at 2:00pm
- Help Support DMSC
- Learn more from the bands of The Sunken Circus dual-album release show!
- Call for Entries – Artist-Designed Mini Golf
- Social Club celebrates Wells Fargo 2018 support
- AMC Donates $50,000 to DMSC through AMC Gives Back Initiative
- Calling all Food Trucks – Throw Down Applications available now!
- Valentine’s Day at Des Moines Social Club
- You TEACH Here. DMSC seeks teaching artists for Summer 2019
- Teach a class with us – Spring 2019 Education Request for Proposals
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!