DMSC Board Profile: Justin Lossner
We want you to meet DSMC board member, Justin Lossner. Get to know him!
Name: Justin Lossner
Employer: R&R Realty
Job Title: Commerical Real Estate Broker
Twitter Handle: @jrlossner
Q: How long have you been involved with the DMSC? What’s your role within the organization?
A: Have been involved with DMSC since it hit Des Moines. I joined Zach’s initial board and have been fortunate enough to watch DMSC morph and grow into the great organization it is today. I am currently serving on the development committee.
Q: Why are you a DMSC board member?
A: I firmly believe in the group’s mission to use the arts as a catalyst to create community engagement. DMSC has filled a void that was desperately missing in our changing City. It is exciting to watch more and more programs, events and shows come to life.
Q: What’s your favorite thing about living in Des Moines?
A: Des Moines is a unique location that offers a small City feel with a touch of Big-City culture. Commute times are short, cost of living is great and people are friendly.
Q: What’s the best thing about Des Moines’ arts, culture, and entertainment community?
A: The best part of Des Moines’ arts, culture and entertainment scene is the broad range of options that are available. On any given weekend you can catch a live band from almost any genre, walk through a unique art exhibit or view a live show. Even better, the community is growing with the help of DMSC.
Q: Tell us a bit about your personal involvement with the arts?
A: In my personal time I paint and write and have an ultimate goal of finishing a novel. I love getting influence from all of the incredibly talented artists in our community.
Q: What’s your favorite memory from a DMSC event?
A: My favorite DMSC event was the initial Subjective Circus. Many events have come close since, however this event opened the eyes of the City to see what was really missing in our community. In my opinion, this event was the birth of DMSC.
Q: What upcoming DMSC event are you most looking forward to attending?
A: I can’t wait to count down the new year (which is full of exciting this to come for DMSC) at this year’s annual BASH. The best NYE party in town!
Q: In what other ways are you involved in the Des Moines community?
A: I am on the nominating committee for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society (Man and Woman of the Year Campaign). I often donate time to Habitat for Humanity and will be a member of the Des Moines Leadership Institute this fall. I also remain very active in many Commercial Real Estate boards and event committees.
- Help Support DMSC
- Learn more from the bands of The Sunken Circus dual-album release show!
- Call for Entries – Artist-Designed Mini Golf
- Social Club celebrates Wells Fargo 2018 support
- AMC Donates $50,000 to DMSC through AMC Gives Back Initiative
- Calling all Food Trucks – Throw Down Applications available now!
- Valentine’s Day at Des Moines Social Club
- You TEACH Here. DMSC seeks teaching artists for Summer 2019
- Teach a class with us – Spring 2019 Education Request for Proposals
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!