DMSC Board Member Profile: Pete Jones
Consider this a virtual handshake with DMSC board member, Pete Jones!
Q: How long have you been involved with the DMSC? What’s your role within the organization?
A: I’ve been involved since the inception of DMSC, although at differing levels. My initial involvement came during my stint on the Young Professionals Connection Board of Directors. Obviously, the mission of DMSC and YPC are very similar, thus we were involved with specific events like The Bash and held many of our own events there as well. This is my second year on the DMSC Board of Directors.
Q: Why are you a DMSC board member?
A: Because I believe DMSC is one of the best things that could happen to Des Moines. I very strongly believe in the mission of DMSC and value the organizations efforts.
Q: What’s your favorite thing about living in Des Moines?
A: Oh, where do I start? Well, just about everything. But, to pick a favorite, I am overwhelmed on nearly a daily basis by the passion our Young Professional demo brings to our city. Not just within YPC, but with DMSC, the Des Moines Music Coalition, Startup City, and really most of the fantastic organizations.
Q: What’s the best thing about Des Moines’ arts, culture, and entertainment community?
A: I think the Sculpture Garden is the best thing, it is truly an amazing addition to the city. A very close second is DMSC.
Q: Tell us a bit about your personal involvement with the arts?
A: I am not an artist, I actually have trouble drawing a stick figure. But, I very much enjoy the community that is growing.
Q: What’s your favorite event DMSC memory?
A: The first Subjective Circus. I worked the door for a few hours and was floored at the eclectic community that came to that initial event.
Q: What upcoming DMSC event are you most looking forward to attending?
A: The first event in the new Firehouse.
Q: In what other ways are you involved in the Des Moines community?
A: I am the creator and a contributing writer at desmoinesisnotboring.com.
- Help Support DMSC
- Learn more from the bands of The Sunken Circus dual-album release show!
- Call for Entries – Artist-Designed Mini Golf
- Social Club celebrates Wells Fargo 2018 support
- AMC Donates $50,000 to DMSC through AMC Gives Back Initiative
- Calling all Food Trucks – Throw Down Applications available now!
- Valentine’s Day at Des Moines Social Club
- You TEACH Here. DMSC seeks teaching artists for Summer 2019
- Teach a class with us – Spring 2019 Education Request for Proposals
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!