Des Moines Social Club’s Culinary Loft Announces Spring/Summer Classes
Prepare your appetite – Des Moines Social Club has officially announced the opening of its Culinary Loft, presented by Meredith Corporation and Cathy and Steve Lacy. To kick things off, the Social Club is hosting The Great Pig Out on Sunday, March 29; attendees will have the opportunity to see the newly renovated Culinary Loft and enjoy a special pig roast.
Amanda Mae Phillips, Des Moines Social Club’s newly hired culinary arts director, grew up in Kansas City and is a graduate of the New England Culinary Institute in Montpelier, Vermont. Her experience ranges from working at a Classic French Bistro, Rustique, in Aspen, to focusing on desserts at the Veritas wine shop. Her love of food eventually took her to Whole Foods Market in St. Louis. When she caught wind of a Whole Foods opening in Des Moines, a place with a B.P.T (breaded pork tenderloin) sandwich and red velvet funnel cake, she decided to take the leap and manage the Bakery department.
“The Culinary Loft is a kitchen, yes, but more importantly, it is the kitchen of the Des Moines Social Club,” says Phillips. “The food to be shared at this table is made for the community, to support the community, and in most cases by the community. We welcome good conversation and hearty laughter to go with each meal served. Abandon all fear of burnt dishes ye who enter here.”
The Culinary Loft will feature a wide variety of culinary arts classes for all experience levels with classes beginning in April. Classes fall under three main categories: series, food-focused, and holiday, each offering a little something different depending upon your mood.
Check out the lineup of spring and summer Culinary Loft courses: http://desmoinessocialclub.org/culinary-loft
About the Des Moines Social Club
The Des Moines Social Club is an innovative arts and entertainment venue located in a renovated, historic art deco Firehouse in downtown Des Moines. The non-profit provides a home for local artists, offers unique programming spanning all arts disciplines, and brings people of every age and background together under one roof — all for the purpose to use the arts as a catalyst to create unprecedented community engagement.
- Learn more from the bands of The Sunken Circus dual-album release show!
- Call for Entries – Artist-Designed Mini Golf
- Social Club celebrates Wells Fargo 2018 support
- AMC Donates $50,000 to DMSC through AMC Gives Back Initiative
- Calling all Food Trucks – Throw Down Applications available now!
- Valentine’s Day at Des Moines Social Club
- You TEACH Here. DMSC seeks teaching artists for Summer 2019
- Teach a class with us – Spring 2019 Education Request for Proposals
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!
- Welcome to our 2018 Summer Interns!