Clap Your Hands Say Yeah to Headline Bash to the Future
Jump in the Firehouse time machine and travel with us at Bash to the Future, our New Year’s Eve party with a headlining performance by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. Tickets on sale 10/28 via midwestix.com.
In addition to Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, we’ll have endless entertainment all night with live music, interactive art installations, photo booths, signature cocktails, aerial performances, and human ball drop. More bands and entertainment TBA soon.
Theme and Attire
Bash to the Future explores three aspects of our city: reflecting on where Des Moines was 50 years ago, pondering its present day and looking 50 years into its future. Retro 1965 style or futuristic 2065 attire is encouraged.
Food and Drink
Bash to the Future will have a full cash bar featuring specialty cocktails, plus PBR and Blue Moon. A variety of non-alcoholic beverages will be available for the designated drivers and under 21 crowd. Food will be available for purchase and Malo will also be open.
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
It has been 10 years since Clap Your Hands Say Yeah started, and they’re about to release their fourth record, Only Run. Like the previous three, CYHSY will market and distribute the album independently. From the get go, this ethos struck a chord with fans, but it was merely an extension of lead singer/songwriter Alec Ounsworth’s core belief: “The general rule is to be appreciative of your audience,” he recently told Fast Company magazine. “If you can organize and are motivated, you should approach fans directly.” Read more.
Early Bird – $20 (limited)
Advance – $30
Day of – $35 (if available)
Early Bird – $85 (limited)
Advance – $100
Day of – $125 (if available)
Includes access to VIP lounge, more perks TBA.
Tickets and VIP Passes on sale Tuesday, October 28 at 10:00 a.m. at midwestix.com.
Special Note: Early bird tickets and VIP passes are expected to sell out quickly. Purchase on 10/28 is highly recommended to secure the discount.
All ticket proceeds go towards fulfilling the mission of the Des Moines Social Club to use the arts as a catalyst to create unprecedented community engagement.
- Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!
- Interns Try: Cooking with Cass: Intro to Sushi
- 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival
- Staff Spotlight: Heather Matson
- 5 Ways to get Involved in the Des Moines Arts Scene this June
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!
- BASH Band Bio: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- BASH Band Bio: The Maytags
- BASH Band Bio: Grand Ave Ruckus
- Interns Try: Beginning Aerial
- Interns Try: Book & Cook Julie & Julia with Chef Cher
- Community Spotlight: Dang Felton
- The Last-Ever Mickey’s Picks!
- Decadent Desserts at the Social Club