Call to artists! “Drive”
Viaduct Gallery, within the Des Moines Social Club, is seeking artist submissions for a group show to be held September 5th through September 28th, 2014. The theme will be “Drive,” and is open to any and all interpretations of the word “drive.”
-All mediums will be accepted
-All work must be original
-All work must be for sale, except by special case
-Artwork must reflect the artist’s interpretation of the theme
-The Viaduct Gallery committee will select the work to be on exhibition
-Any number of pieces may be submitted for consideration. Online digital submission is preferred, but hardcopy or CDs may be submitted as well.
-Online submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Drive Submission.”
-Each image must be clearly marked with artist’s name, title, medium, dimensions, and retail price.
-Artist must provide CV or current resumé, short bio, and artist statement.
-Artists must provide display solutions- 2D work must be framed and ready to hang. Contact gallery director, Elise Goodmann, to discuss installations or performance art.
-Artist is responsible for delivery and pickup of their work.
Friday, July 11th —Entries Due
Monday, July 21st — Notifications
Monday, September 1st and Tuesday, September 2nd— Delivery of Work/Signing Contracts
*Pieces must be labeled with your name, title, medium, and retail price. Work must be display-ready.
Friday, September 5th, 7-10pm — Opening reception
Monday, September 15th, 6pm — Gallery talk- any artist whose work is shown is invited to speak, details to follow notification.
Sunday, September 28th 5-7pm and Monday, September 29th — Pick up unsold work
All work must be for sale and the gallery will keep a 30% commission. Artists are responsible for paying their own sales tax. By submitting pieces to the exhibition, artists agree to these sales conditions. Contracts will be signed upon delivery of work.
The exhibition will be marketed through the use of posters, postcards, local/area publications, direct email marketing, and social media. Digital submission images may be used for this.
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!
- BASH Band Bio: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- BASH Band Bio: The Maytags
- BASH Band Bio: Grand Ave Ruckus
- Interns Try: Beginning Aerial
- Interns Try: Book & Cook Julie & Julia with Chef Cher
- Community Spotlight: Dang Felton
- The Last-Ever Mickey’s Picks!
- Decadent Desserts at the Social Club
- A Quick Guide to Des Moines on September 24th
- World Food and Music Week 2016
- Show preview: DMSC Presents: Fendika
- Show Preview: World Food & Music Week: The Dhol Foundation (DJ Set)
- The Des Moines Jazz Festival FAQ