Call for Artists: PedalArt Des Moines
Call For Artists
PedalArt Des Moines 2013
Submission Deadline: Saturday, February 23, 2013
WHAT: PedalArt Des Moines 2013 Bicycle Poster Show
WHEN: Last weekend of May 2013
WHERE: Des Moines Social Club
PedalArt Des Moines is announcing a call for artists for our 2013 bicycle poster art show. PedalArt Des Moines is a local show of bicycle-inspired poster artwork that introduces people to talented local artists and sends them home with affordable, original works of art.
PedalArt Des Moines 2013 will feature posters created by local artists from our great state of Iowa. We are excited to continue to present this completely local event, and are looking forward to our 2013 show. Admission is always free, and posters are priced to let everybody take home at least one. We are using creativity to change how people look at and think about bicycles, and grow the cycling and art communities.
• 30+ local Artists design and print posters
• Artists make 30 copies of every poster available for sale
• All posters sell for $30 each
• The event will take place throughout the last weekend in May 2013
• PedalArt takes a commission of poster sales (30%) artist takes the rest (70%)
• PedalArt is presented by the Des Moines Bicycle Collective
– Please read through the PDF artist agreement.
– Please submit 3-5 jpg images (or electronic portfolio) of your work to Michelle@instinctgallery.com with the subject line ‘PedalArt Submission’.
– Please fill out artist agreement (attached) and submit along with artwork samples.
– All submissions must be received, through email, by Saturday February 23 to be considered.
– All artists will be notified if they have been selected for the PedalArt 2013 show by Monday, February 25, 2013.
– By submitting, all artists agree to create unique, original bicycle themed poster artwork for the 2013 show.
Any questions please direct to:
Michelle Holley / email@example.com
- Help Support DMSC
- Learn more from the bands of The Sunken Circus dual-album release show!
- Call for Entries – Artist-Designed Mini Golf
- Social Club celebrates Wells Fargo 2018 support
- AMC Donates $50,000 to DMSC through AMC Gives Back Initiative
- Calling all Food Trucks – Throw Down Applications available now!
- Valentine’s Day at Des Moines Social Club
- You TEACH Here. DMSC seeks teaching artists for Summer 2019
- Teach a class with us – Spring 2019 Education Request for Proposals
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!