- The Mixies
- Des Moines Social Club’s Culinary Loft Announces Spring/Summer Classes
- Summer Camps Announced
- New Classes Set to Begin
- Hearts Against Humanity, A Valentine Party for Horrible People
- Win the Best NYE VIP Experience of Your Freakin’ Life
- NEW: The Shop
- Des Moines Social Club Announces Full Lineup for Bash to the Future, Presented by Kum & Go, NYE at the Firehouse
- December Happenings at Des Moines Social Club
- November Happenings at the DMSC
- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah to Headline Bash to the Future
- Des Moines Social Club T-Shirt Design Contest
- Coming up in October
- New Show: Stuck in the Middle with Dave Price
- Announcing the Instagrammies
Call For Artists
PedalArt Des Moines 2013
Submission Deadline: Saturday, February 23, 2013
WHAT: PedalArt Des Moines 2013 Bicycle Poster Show
WHEN: Last weekend of May 2013
WHERE: Des Moines Social Club
PedalArt Des Moines is announcing a call for artists for our 2013 bicycle poster art show. PedalArt Des Moines is a local show of bicycle-inspired poster artwork that introduces people to talented local artists and sends them home with affordable, original works of art.
PedalArt Des Moines 2013 will feature posters created by local artists from our great state of Iowa. We are excited to continue to present this completely local event, and are looking forward to our 2013 show. Admission is always free, and posters are priced to let everybody take home at least one. We are using creativity to change how people look at and think about bicycles, and grow the cycling and art communities.
• 30+ local Artists design and print posters
• Artists make 30 copies of every poster available for sale
• All posters sell for $30 each
• The event will take place throughout the last weekend in May 2013
• PedalArt takes a commission of poster sales (30%) artist takes the rest (70%)
• PedalArt is presented by the Des Moines Bicycle Collective
– Please read through the PDF artist agreement.
– Please submit 3-5 jpg images (or electronic portfolio) of your work to Michelle@instinctgallery.com with the subject line ‘PedalArt Submission’.
– Please fill out artist agreement (attached) and submit along with artwork samples.
– All submissions must be received, through email, by Saturday February 23 to be considered.
– All artists will be notified if they have been selected for the PedalArt 2013 show by Monday, February 25, 2013.
– By submitting, all artists agree to create unique, original bicycle themed poster artwork for the 2013 show.
Any questions please direct to:
Michelle Holley / email@example.com