BASH Band Bio: Grand Ave Ruckus
Grand Ave Ruckus is a new brass band featuring local Des Moines musicians. The nonet brings southern New Orleans’ inspirations to the Midwest. They have played a few shows here at DMSC and we are extremely excited to have them back for BASH!
In early 2016 a group of musicians, music educators, and music students from central Iowa went looking for an exciting new musical experience. Mostly brass players steeped in the traditions of classical music and academia, they were looking for a fresh vehicle through which to express themselves. Inspired by groups like Tower of Power, Youngblood Brass Band, Jackson 5, and The Soul Rebels, the group set out to put something together that would be as much fun to play in as it was to listen to. A couple of months, many late nights, and plenty of shared beers later, Grand Ave Ruckus was born! They’ve been maintaining a busy performance schedule since March, and are planning on touring and recording an album next year.
The best part of Grand Ave Ruckus is their ability to have fun. It’s hard to listen to this band without getting a smile on your face!
- Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!
- Interns Try: Cooking with Cass: Intro to Sushi
- 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival
- Staff Spotlight: Heather Matson
- 5 Ways to get Involved in the Des Moines Arts Scene this June
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!
- BASH Band Bio: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- BASH Band Bio: The Maytags
- BASH Band Bio: Grand Ave Ruckus
- Interns Try: Beginning Aerial
- Interns Try: Book & Cook Julie & Julia with Chef Cher
- Community Spotlight: Dang Felton
- The Last-Ever Mickey’s Picks!
- Decadent Desserts at the Social Club