Auditions for MethLab – Sunday, May 6 – Tuesday, May 8
Welcome back, true believers. We’re really excited about the next Locust Productions show. LP is the in-house theater company of the DMSC, and our next production is part of our CoLab Project.
CoLab Project creates original pieces of theater around Iowa stories. Our first production was The Mother Davis Project, a dramatic biography of beloved local activist Evelyn Davis. We’re really excited to present our next project, MethLab. It takes a 360 look at the problem of meth in Iowa. There’s more information below. If you’re interested, come on down! Or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Locust Productions and the Des Moines Social Club present METHLAB: a CoLab project look at meth in Iowa
The Des Moines Social Club and Locust Productions present MethLab, an original play exploring the impact of meth in Iowa.
Based on extensive research by the Locust Productions CoLab team, MethLab follows three stories: a group of drug users in small-town Iowa, the local pharmacists struggling to stay afloat, and the drug company that supplies them.
The writing team consists of Chris Ford, Matthew McIver, Zachary Mannheimer and Chris Peterson. McIver will direct.
Auditions will be held Sunday, May 6th through Tuesday, May 8th from 5:30 to 7:30 at the Des Moines Social Club. There are roles for 4 women and 5 men.
The play runs June 14th-24th at the Des Moines Social Club, Thursday-Saturday at 7:30 and Sundays at 2pm.
- Help Support DMSC
- Learn more from the bands of The Sunken Circus dual-album release show!
- Call for Entries – Artist-Designed Mini Golf
- Social Club celebrates Wells Fargo 2018 support
- AMC Donates $50,000 to DMSC through AMC Gives Back Initiative
- Calling all Food Trucks – Throw Down Applications available now!
- Valentine’s Day at Des Moines Social Club
- You TEACH Here. DMSC seeks teaching artists for Summer 2019
- Teach a class with us – Spring 2019 Education Request for Proposals
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!