Auditions for MethLab – Sunday, May 6 – Tuesday, May 8
Welcome back, true believers. We’re really excited about the next Locust Productions show. LP is the in-house theater company of the DMSC, and our next production is part of our CoLab Project.
CoLab Project creates original pieces of theater around Iowa stories. Our first production was The Mother Davis Project, a dramatic biography of beloved local activist Evelyn Davis. We’re really excited to present our next project, MethLab. It takes a 360 look at the problem of meth in Iowa. There’s more information below. If you’re interested, come on down! Or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Locust Productions and the Des Moines Social Club present METHLAB: a CoLab project look at meth in Iowa
The Des Moines Social Club and Locust Productions present MethLab, an original play exploring the impact of meth in Iowa.
Based on extensive research by the Locust Productions CoLab team, MethLab follows three stories: a group of drug users in small-town Iowa, the local pharmacists struggling to stay afloat, and the drug company that supplies them.
The writing team consists of Chris Ford, Matthew McIver, Zachary Mannheimer and Chris Peterson. McIver will direct.
Auditions will be held Sunday, May 6th through Tuesday, May 8th from 5:30 to 7:30 at the Des Moines Social Club. There are roles for 4 women and 5 men.
The play runs June 14th-24th at the Des Moines Social Club, Thursday-Saturday at 7:30 and Sundays at 2pm.
- The Des Moines Jazz Festival FAQ
- Cloris Awards 2016 Winner’s List
- Mickey’s Picks: August / September
- The Soapbox Vol. 2 // Madeleine Russell
- The Soapbox Vol. 1 // Ross Clark
- DMSC Presents: Fall / Winter 2016 + the first ever DES MOINES JAZZ FESTIVAL
- Meet The Interns!
- FLASH SALE!
- DMSC meets DSMGG
- Des Moines Social Club: Ready for Next Chapter
- 48-Hour Plein Aire Painting Festival
- Iowa Beverage Food Truck Throw Down
- Station 1 Records Launches in Des Moines
- The Mixies
- Des Moines Social Club’s Culinary Loft Announces Spring/Summer Classes