Announcing our first event at the firehouse – April 4, 2013
We are excited to announce Food for Thought, the first event at our new home at the downtown firehouse, on Thursday, April 4, 2013. Tickets will go on sale on Friday, March 15 at 3:15pm at http://midwestix.com. A very limited amount of tickets are available, buying in advance on March 15 is highly recommended to secure a spot at the event.
Food for Thought, an annual dinner to support the Des Moines Social Club, will feature two party options for attendees: a formal dinner with a three-course meal and wine pairings, or a BBQ & Brews Party with free food and drink. An elevated stage will connect both parties, featuring music by Cashes Rivers, The River Monks, and Jordan Mayland, as well as a showcase of Des Moines Social Club programming including poetry, interactive storytelling, trivia, and a selection from a recent musical production. Both events will kick off at 5:00pm and converge together for a dance party with DJ 810 at 7:45pm.
Attendees will have the first chance to get guided tours of the firehouse before construction begins in April. Supporters that make a donation to the firehouse will get to slide down the fire pole, paint a collaborative mural, and knock down a wall that will become part of the future theater. Special news regarding the firehouse will also be released at the event.
Food for Thought is a night to get a preview snapshot of what’s to come at the firehouse. The Des Moines Social Club’s new home at the downtown firehouse will serve as a space that utilizes the arts as a catalyst to create unprecedented community engagement. The firehouse will be historically preserved with renovations to convert the space to a creative environment for all of Des Moines to enjoy. The firehouse will feature thought-provoking theater, creative classes for all ages, collaborative workspace for non-profits, forward-thinking restaurants and bars, premier art galleries, and much more. After five years of searching for a permanent home, the perfect space has been found at one of the most unique buildings in the city.
A special thanks to Food for Thought presenting sponsor, Adventureland.
$100/person, $1,000/table or $1700/VIP table (advance purchase only)
Includes a three-course meal by Chef of the Year, Sean Wilson and wine pairings by Sommelier Zachary Mannheimer. VIP tables include bottles of champagne and priority seating. Tables (seat 10 people) may be reserved by contacting Julie at email@example.com or 515-288-3672.
BBQ & Brews Party
Includes free BBQ and beer
- Help Support DMSC
- Learn more from the bands of The Sunken Circus dual-album release show!
- Call for Entries – Artist-Designed Mini Golf
- Social Club celebrates Wells Fargo 2018 support
- AMC Donates $50,000 to DMSC through AMC Gives Back Initiative
- Calling all Food Trucks – Throw Down Applications available now!
- Valentine’s Day at Des Moines Social Club
- You TEACH Here. DMSC seeks teaching artists for Summer 2019
- Teach a class with us – Spring 2019 Education Request for Proposals
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!