Sound the alarms and consider this your official invitation for Fireball on August 16 and 17 at Simon Estes. Get ready for an unforgettable production filled with acrobatic feats of fire with special performances by Flam Chen and Pyrotechniq.
You may not know Flam Chen, but I’ve know them for over 12 years. I first produced the show you are going to see on the Lower East Side of Manhattan in 2000 when they were part of the NYC International Fringe Festival. I had never seen anything like them before – trained professional dancers performing a complete, silent dance piece complete with fire. The show began by one of the members climbing the fire escape of a 5 story building and then breathing a giant flame once up there – so he held lighter fluid in his mouth the entire climb.
The show, called Rite ov Spring, is a play off of springtime animal ecosystems coming to life. Complete with stilt-walking, aerial apparatuses and fire spinning, Flam Chen weaves a tale in front of your eyes that is not only hot, but mystifying. I left feeling elated – I knew that I needed to see them again. Des Moines has never seen anything like this – you don’t want to miss this two-day event.
Des Moines Social Club presents Fireball
Thursday, August 16 and Friday, August 17, 2012, Doors: 7:30pm, Show: 8pm
Simon Estes Amphitheater, Robert D. Ray Dr. and Locust St., Des Moines
Early bird tickets: $15 per day (limited amount available) Buy early to save before the price goes up to $25
VIP tickets: $50 per day for VIP seating, two drink tickets & exclusive meet ‘n greet
Kids 12 & under are free!
ON SALE: Friday, July 20 at 10am at midwestix.com
- Help Support DMSC
- Learn more from the bands of The Sunken Circus dual-album release show!
- Call for Entries – Artist-Designed Mini Golf
- Social Club celebrates Wells Fargo 2018 support
- AMC Donates $50,000 to DMSC through AMC Gives Back Initiative
- Calling all Food Trucks – Throw Down Applications available now!
- Valentine’s Day at Des Moines Social Club
- You TEACH Here. DMSC seeks teaching artists for Summer 2019
- Teach a class with us – Spring 2019 Education Request for Proposals
- Calling all creative entrepreneurs!
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!