48-Hour Plein Aire Painting Festival
DMSC is hosting the first plein aire painting festival in Des Moines! In case you were wondering, “Plein aire” is French for “open air.” We’re talking 48 hours of painting throughout the community – just pick up a canvas, choose an inspiring scene and paint! Whether you’re an artist or not, this is a great way to support the local art scene.
How It Works:
Register online at the Des Moines Social Club on Friday, June 19. Registration costs $25. We’ll have a canvases and a list of locations around Des Moines for you to choose from.
Go to your chosen location and paint something you see there. Feel free to use any paint medium and any subject matter within view. Hurry, you only have 48 hours to complete your next masterpiece!
Turn in your painting to us by 6:00 pm on Sunday, June 21.
Join us on Monday, June 22 at 6:00 pm for a reception at the Viaduct Gallery. All paintings will be displayed and available for purchase. Guests can put in a bid for paintings by making a closed silent bid in a sealed envelope. The bidding will continue until the Urban Visionary Show Reception that Wednesday, June 24 at 7:00 pm. We’ll announce the highest bidders after the show and there will be a 60% artist 40% DMSC split on all work sold.
- Interns Try: Cooking With Cass: Dim Sum and Then Some
- Prairie Meadows Donates $20,500 to DMSC
- disrupt – Call for Video Submissions
- 3rd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival lineup announced
- Food Truck Throw Down winners announced!
- Welcome to our 2018 Summer Interns!
- Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!
- Interns Try: Cooking with Cass: Intro to Sushi
- 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival
- Staff Spotlight: Heather Matson
- 5 Ways to get Involved in the Des Moines Arts Scene this June
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!
- BASH Band Bio: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- BASH Band Bio: The Maytags