2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival
The Des Moines Social Club (DMSC) and Civic Music Association (CMA) will present The 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival Labor Day weekend. The festival is two days of world-class jazz performances, meet-and-greets, and post-concert jam sessions across the DMSC campus. More info is available on the event page.
The Des Moines Social Club and its partners began the Des Moines Jazz Festival as an answer to the overwhelming support and investment in the Des Moines jazz community. This year’s lineup is headlined by the “sly, sexy, exotic” SASHA MASAKOWSKI, and will also feature the SHOTGUN JAZZ BAND, a traditional jazz band from New Orleans, the HERMON MEHARI TRIO led by Kansas City- and Paris-based trumpeter HERMON MEHARI, Des Moines bass legend Dartanyan Brown leading the DARTANYAN BROWN TRIO, Gypsy Jazz Quintet IZABEL CRANE, the TWIN CITIES LATIN JAZZ COMBO, and Des Moines’ own NOLA JAZZ BAND.
The Des Moines Social Club is dedicated to making art accessible to the community. CMA is dedicated to engaging, enriching and educating through provocative performances by legends and rising stars. The Des Moines Jazz Festival is no exception. The price of admission is $10 for Friday, $20 for Saturday, and $25 for a two-day pass.
“The first Des Moines Jazz Festival in 2016 attracted a diverse audience of dedicated and casual jazz fans, and jazz newcomers,” says CMA Executive Director Peter Stevenson. “This year, we have purposefully selected a lineup that speaks to both the roots of jazz and the new directions jazz is taking today, with an eye on drawing new audiences to this vital art form. The 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival is poised to accelerate the exciting growth of the jazz scene in Des Moines.”
- Welcome to our 2018 Summer Interns!
- Social Club awarded Bravo Greater Des Moines grant funding!
- Interns Try: Cooking with Cass: Intro to Sushi
- 2nd Annual Des Moines Jazz Festival
- Staff Spotlight: Heather Matson
- 5 Ways to get Involved in the Des Moines Arts Scene this June
- Artist Spotlight: Laura Ernst
- BASH: Garden Edition FAQ!
- BASH Band Bio: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- BASH Band Bio: The Maytags
- BASH Band Bio: Grand Ave Ruckus
- Interns Try: Beginning Aerial
- Interns Try: Book & Cook Julie & Julia with Chef Cher
- Community Spotlight: Dang Felton
- The Last-Ever Mickey’s Picks!